Thursday, November 7, 2013

Mango Salsa Recipe

You will see that a lot of my recipes call for mango salsa or pineapple salsa. If I plan to make something that calls for a lot of it or if I want to save some money I will make my own. It is also always a huge hit at parties when I bring it as a dip with chips. If I am just making once recipe with mango salsa in it or if I don't want to go through the whole process of making my own, I will buy it at Frazier Farms or Sprouts. Both are equally delicious!
Here is a basic recipe that I use from AllRecipes.com when I make my own.


Ingredients
1 mango - peeled, de-seeded, and diced
1/4 cup red bell pepper - finely shopped
1/4 cup red onion - finely chopped
2 Tbsp. cilantro - finely chopped
1 fresh jalapeno - finely chopped.
Note: I leave the seeds in if I want it spicy, I remove the seeds if I do not. I suggest wearing plastic gloves whenever working with peppers. I learned my lesson here! The oils stay on your skin for hours and when you forget and touch your eyes later it will not be fun. 
2 Tbsp. lime juice
1 Tbsp. lemon juice

Directions
Mix all ingredients together in a bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving to allow all of the juices and flavors to work together. It also tastes better cold :)


No comments:

Post a Comment