Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Cajun Tuna Salad

For this recipe you need to have McCormick Gourmet Cajun Seasoning. I have tried so many different types of cajun and nothing compares to this one. I use this spice in so many of my recipes, so I think it is totally worth the $6 at Ralphs to buy it! 
This is a healthy version of tuna salad. I love tuna salad, but for competition prep dairy (mayonnaise) is a no-no. I don't even miss the mayo in this because it is a totally different flavor. 

Ingredients
2 cans of white tuna in water
McCormick cajun seasoning (I put this on everything!)
1 tsp. olive oil
1 small cucumber 

Directions
Drain the tuna and put into bowl. Add olive oil, peeled and diced cucumber, and sprinkle with cajun seasoning to taste. I like it spicy so I add a lot, but taste test to see what you like. I would guess around 1tsp. - 1Tbsp. 

Refrigerate and enjoy in a tuna sandwich or eat as is. I eat this just like a salad. Since it has so much cucumber in it, it doesn't need anything else. If you aren't worried about calories or carbs, this is amazing in a tuna melt! 

No comments:

Post a Comment